This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
- What information does CliffordJones.com gather about you?
- How does CliffordJones.com use your personal information?
- Will CliffordJones.com disclose any of your personal information?
- What kind of security measures do we take to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure?
- Will CliffordJones.com use your information for direct mailings?
- How can you deactivate your account or correct or revise information that we have about you?
- How do we respect children’s privacy?
- What else should you know about your privacy?
- Does CliffordJones.com participate in the Safe Harbor program?
The Information CliffordJones.com Collects
CliffordJones.com collects information about our readers so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service, as well as more appropriate advertising. We ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain features of our website. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you sign up for elearning and other events, offers and other promotions sponsored by CliffordJones.com and/or our partners. We sometimes conduct surveys as well, although you do not have to respond to them. But we really appreciate it when you do!
If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend’s email address and your email address as a return address. We will in almost all cases automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to visit and register with our site. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
When you place an order for a product or service, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, mailing and billing addresses (and shipping address, if different), telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. Gathering this information allows us to process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status. We will also use your information to contact you regarding your order if necessary. We encrypt all of this information using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
If you use a CliffordJones.com application on a third party site or mobile device we may collect data about you including your email address. We will let you know what data, if any, we are collecting at the time.
You can log in to our site using third party sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on CliffordJones.com.com to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We may also collect your email address when you submit content to our website. Unless we get your approval, we will not display your address with your submission. Besides cookies, we may also use tiny electronic images (called “single-pixel GIFs” or “Web beacons”), which allow us to count users who have visited specific pages or access certain cookies. We may use single-pixel GIFs in the following ways:
- To count and recognize users.
- To conduct research on behalf of some partners on their websites, and for auditing purposes.
- To determine aggregate information about users, including demographic and usage information.
- To determine which email messages were opened (and when), as well as acted upon when we send HTML-formatted email messages (messages resembling Web pages that include graphics).
- To help us and our partners market to you.
Our Web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information. You can disable our Web beacon by turning images “off” in your email client.
Advertising networks that serve ads on our site may also use single-pixel GIFs in their advertisements. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a Web page, including an ad banner, can act as a Web beacon.
We may and have partnered with Google (through their Remarketing and Adwords programs) and other ad networks for additional analytics on how our users use our site and others around the internet. As a result, you may see ads from those partner networks on our site, and ads from us on other sites, based on our cookies and the cookies of our partners.
We have engaged third-party companies to process information about our users on our behalf, to help us improve our sites and find new members. These companies will combine our anonymized data about how you visit our websites with information that they have collected from outside our sites and provide it to us (and only us) so that we can optimize your experience on CliffordJones.com.com across devices and based on your interests. We will not provide the third-party service providers with your name, address, email address, or telephone number.
How CliffordJones.com May Use Your Personal Information
CliffordJones.com collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalized experience possible, and to provide our advertisers with an efficient way to reach the right audience. In short, by knowing a little about you, CliffordJones.com can deliver more relevant content and advertisements to you. It’s our primary purpose to educate you so we will use the personal information you provide and we collect to achieve our goal to serve you.
We conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based upon the information you provide us when you register or participate in contests or other promotions on our site, or based upon information we receive from other sources. This research is usually compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis, but may also be combined with personal information to help us improve your experience. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we’ve received. If you would prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, simply go to our opt-out page and let us know.
Sometimes we ask for personal information when providing special features and services. You do not have to give us that information, but without it, you may not be able to take advantage of those products or services. You may not be able to gain access to certain areas of our site unless you register and/or subscribe.
How CliffordJones.com Discloses Information
We may disclose your information under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to others when we have your consent. We respect your privacy and take it very seriously. We want you to enjoy the elearning experience at CliffordJones.com
- If you sign up for a service that relies upon any sponsor or third party, we will provide your personal information to the third parties so that they can provide you with their services, and those companies will treat the data under their own policies. We will tell you about these service providers at the time you sign up for the service.
- We may disclose information to selected sponsors, under nondisclosure agreements, only for the purpose of marketing. Sponsors will be permitted to use the personal information they receive from us only for marketing select offerings, not for marketing for general purposes.
- Please provide us with a mailing address if you prefer information from our sponsors by mail. They will send you mail about their own products and services. If you do not want physical mail, throw it away, recycle it or do what you want.
- If you buy something from us or a sponsor, we will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill your order and charge your credit card (if applicable). We may use a fulfillment company to fill and ship your order (excluding products you download directly from our site) and a credit card processing company to verify your card number and process the transaction. For example, if you order a “CliffordJones.com” cap with your credit card, we need to give your address to the fulfillment house (so that it can ship the cap to you) and your credit card information to the processing company (to confirm payment). We may also give your information to a delivery or postal service so that it can get your order to you.
- If you use our recommendation service to email anything we provide you to a friend, CliffordJones.com will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached. The email address you give us will appear on the “From” line of the email, thereby disclosing this information to whoever opens and reads the email. Similarly, if you send email from our site, by using “Reply to Author” or “Email this Post,” your address may appear as the return address of that email.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect the rights or property of CliffordJones.com, or to protect the safety of CliffordJones.com, our users, or others.
- We may sometimes conduct mailings to other people’s lists. This will be rare because we respect your privacy. We want, need and do comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. We may share our email list of people who have requested not to receive promotional communications from us with the list providers (or contractors) solely so that we can avoid sending emails to people who have asked not to receive them (or, conversely, so that our advertisers can avoid sending emails to people who have requested not to hear from them). We provide these lists only to list providers or contractors that we consider to be reputable, and only under strict nondisclosure/nonuse agreements. We do this with rare exception.
- We may disclose personal information in some other limited circumstances, but we will specifically describe them to you when we collect the information, such as in the rules of a contest or a new service. For example, if we are going to give personal information to any sponsor, we will disclose it when you sign up for the content or elearning opportunity. It is always your choice to participate or not.
- We may employ contractors or other third parties to help with our operations. We may give them access to databases of user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including performing system maintenance, displaying personalized content, performing all kinds of analysis or project management, or even sending mailings for us from our sponsors and contributors. Each of these people or companies is subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with CliffordJones.com.
- Ads appearing on our website are delivered to you by us directly and by third party advertising partners. Information about your visits to CliffordJones.com.com and our partner sites, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
- CliffordJones.com and its subsidiaries may share information for site administration or order fulfillment, and to notify you of products and services that may interest you.
- If CliffordJones.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The Security Measures We Take
CliffordJones.com is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on secure cloud-based servers we pay third party providers for. Purchases are encrypted with SSL technology.
Some areas of our website are password-protected. Only you have access to these password-protected areas. Do not share your passwords with anyone. CliffordJones.com will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. If you are using a computer to which others have access, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe, or public library, always remember to logout and close your browser window when leaving our site.
How We Keep Data
Please let us know if you want us to remove your personal information from the website. Just know we may have to retain certain data to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the CliffordJones.com rules, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
He Is How We Might Use Your Information at CliffordJones.com
If you register with CliffordJones.com or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that we believe may interest you. Our sponsors and contributors may also send you information, but only for those CliffordJones.com related offers.
Again, please know we may provide your physical mailing address (but not your email address) to people who will send you promotional “snail” mailings about their products and services. We will be respectful though and this is unlikely to happen really.
If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can let us know by sending an email to support@retireonpurpose dot com. or you may send us a letter to CliffordJones.com, ℅ Clifford Jones, 8300 North Hayden Road, Suite A207, Scottsdale, Arizona 85258. We’ll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can. Another way is to simply to click the “unsubscribe” link found in our email messages.
Please note: If you purchase products or services from any sponsor or contributor, or if you register with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, subscription, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. We also may not contact you. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
Choices To Opt In or Out
Please note that if you have opted out of receiving emails and other communications from us and you subsequently select to receive one of our free reports or take a free trial subscription, please opt out again if you still prefer us not to contact you. Otherwise, we will probably contact you using the email address you provided us at the time you signed up for the free report or anything you downloaded from our website or any related website.
To cancel any of your subscriptions, do so by emailing support@retireonpurpose dot com or simply click the unsubscribe link within the emails. That is why the unsubscribe this there.
We Respect Children’s Privacy
Our sites are not intended for kids younger than 18. We operate our sites in full compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 18.
Other Privacy Stuff We Need To Tell You
When you post information anywhere on our website, that information, along with your online identity, is visible to everyone. Please know that whenever you disclose personal information publicly that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post and share any personal information online where people can see it, people will know that information and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. If you do not want complete strangers to capture your email address, do not post your email address online. Also, if you do not want people to know who you are, then don’t post stuff about who you are.
This Privacy Statement applies to the operations of CliffordJones.com, LLC, which serves users in the United States of America, and by using the sites and providing us with personal data you are consenting to our processing data in the United States and under its laws. Data handling practices and rules may differ from country to country. Each CliffordJones.com entity may have different policies, which will apply to (and be stated on) its sites.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, CliffordJones.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all of this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can log into.
A word about Affiliates, Affiliate Marketing Arrangements, compensation from third parties, etc. Clifford Jones makes his living as a speaker, writer, consultant and trusted adviser to small business owners, CEOs, and business leaders. Many companies reviewed, mentioned, referenced and promoted pay Clifford Jones direct compensation for promoting a wide variety of products and services beyond those that are proprietary to him and the business interests Mr. Jones owns.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, but we will give notice of any material change (or any notices that we are required to give you) on our websites and/or in email messages prior to the change becoming effective. Please periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy.
Last Updated: January 10, 2018
℅ Clifford Jones
20343 N. North Hayden Road, Suite 105
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255